Ever dreamed of being a part of the landed gentry? Here’s your chance. For less that $50 you can purchase a small plot of land in Scotland, which entitles you to use the title of Laird (landowner), Lord, or Lady! The good thing is, the land is preserved in its natural state and you can help the planet.
Highland Titles, one of the world’s leading innovators in land preservation, is offering the opportunity to purchase souvenir plots of land in Glencoe Forest or on its newest estate at Lochaber, Scotland – granting the legal use of the Scottish title of Laird, Lord or Lady.
Since Highland Titles is all about land conservation, your gift will give back to Mother Earth. Over the last thousand years, the forests throughout Scotland have been destroyed by industry and farming.
With eco-conservation initiatives increasing across the globe, Highland Titles has developed a creative approach to land conservation by selling small plots to help fund the rescuing of woodlands, tree planting, maintenance and acquisition of land at risk of development – ensuring it cannot be purchased or developed.
Plot sizes range from one square foot to 1,000 square feet and are available for purchase starting at $47.99.
When buying a one square foot plot, the consumer will receive:
· The title of Laird, Lord or Lady of Lochaber or Glencoe.
· A legal title deed for your land ownership, on velum parchment.
· Master Title Deed to change your title on bank accounts, driving license and other ID.
· A map giving directions and instructions on how to visit/find your personal plot.
· Information and pictures of the areas and the conservation projects.
· A bumper sticker for you to proudly display your new status (Laird, Lord or Lady).
Highland Titles even has an app to help you locate your plot of land. Some packages even come with visitation and camping rights, a tree planted in your honor, and an authentic lambswool scarf! Go out there and become the royalty you want to be and help save the planet!
Originally published on Green Building Elements