A representative of used clothing recycler USagain shot me these 5 green back-to-school tips via email. I think they’re good tips, so posting them here. Green your back-to-school preparation with these 5 tips (and more)!
1. Use the Snack Taxi. All those plastic bags for sandwiches and snacks for school lunches add up. Keep it green by packing snacks in these cute, reusable, washable bags. Check out Snacktaxi.com to find out where to buy them.
2. In with the new – out with the old! When you’re cleaning out the closet to make room for all the new back to school duds make sure you recycle old clothes. Check out USAgain.com to find locations for drop boxes where you can easily dispose of last year’s styles.
3. Every page counts. Make sure that you are buying notebooks made from 100% post-consumer materials. New Leaf Paper makes stylish and affordable notes books that are (available at Target) and they’ve saved almost 2.5 million trees doing it.
4. Buy used books. Better World Books offers a huge selection of used books for reasonable prices…and for every book that you buy, they donate one to someone in need.
5. If you’re buying a new computer this season – make sure you responsibly dispose of the old one. Earth911.com is a great resource for finding a place to recycle electronics near you.
Image via Snack Taxi