We’ve got another book giveaway opportunity for our wonderful readers. Additionally, before we get into that, we also have a coupon code for all readers which will allow you to get free shipping if you buy the author’s 3 books.
The book giveaway is for John Michael Greer’s most recent book, The Wealth of Nature: Economics as if Survival Mattered, published by New Society Publishers (my favorite publishing company for many years, I think).
Here’s a quick excerpt on what the book is about:
The Wealth of Nature proposes a new model of economics based on the integral value of ecology. Building on the foundations of E.F. Schumacher’s revolutionary “economics as if people mattered”, this book examines the true cost of confusing money with wealth. By analyzing the mistakes of contemporary economics, it shows how an economy centered on natural capital—the raw materials that support human life—can move our society toward a more productive relationship with the planet that sustains us all.
The Wealth of Nature suggests public policy initiatives and personal choices that can help alleviate the economic impact of peak oil. These strategies must address not only financial concerns, but the issues of resource depletion and pollution as well. Examples include:
- Adjusting tax policy to penalize the use of natural nonrenewable resources over recycled materials
- Placing public welfare above corporate interests
- Empowering individuals, families, and communities by prioritizing local, sustainable solutions
- Building economies at an appropriate scale.
Profoundly insightful and impeccably argued, this book is required reading for anyone interested in the intersection of the environment and the economy as we enter the twilight of the Age of Abundance.
How to Enter the Book Giveaway
Like in previous book giveaway, entry is pretty simple and you have many options. Do one or more of the following and leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH thing you do, and you’ll get your name in the hat (so, up to 7 entries).
- “Recommend” this post on Facebook (and leave a comment that you did).
- Tweet this post (and leave a comment that you did).
- Like Planetsave on Facebook (and leave a comment that you did).
- Follow Planetsave on Twitter (and leave a comment that you did).
- Subscribe to our RSS feed (and leave a comment that you did).
- Subscribe to our email list via the sign-up box on the right (and leave a comment that you did).
- Thumb this post up on StumbleUpon (and leave a comment that you did).
Discount for All Readers
On the free shipping for all readers, here are the instructions:
Purchase The Wealth of Nature, The Ecotechnic Future and The Long Descent and you will get free shipping.
- Go to www.newsociety.com.
- Add all three books to your shopping cart.
- Proceed to the check out and simply enter the code JMG-BUNDLE. Click on the “Redeem” button, and select “Free Shipping” from the “Ship Via:” selection box.
Hi 🙂 My name’s Claudia. I’m 16 and really trying to get into doing my bit to help with the never ending struggle of the economy and saving the Earth. I think this book may be a good start. I subscribed to your email list via the sign up box and am now leaving my comment saying that I did. Cheers.
Thanks a ton, Claudia 😀
& thanks for chiming in with your comment
I follow @psave on Twitter! (@vegiegail)
I like Planet Save on Facebook! (Gail Davis)
Justin Van Kleeck
…and I subscribe to the e-mail list. Thanks!
Justin Van Kleeck
I liked Planetsave on Facebook.
Justin Van Kleeck
I recommended this on Facebook!
Justin! Nice to see you on here. Looks like a book you would love 😀 (& I know you are a book-lover). Thanks for commenting 😀
@Jamie, thanks for the entries! 😀
I Tweeted this post @Vaughn4 !
I followed Planetsave on Twitter! (@Vaughn4)
I liked Planetsave on Facebook!
I subscribed to your RSS feed!