This is a guest post from our sister site, Feelgood Style. At Feelgood Style, we want to reclaim what style means by choosing products that are good for you and for the planet and by focusing on health, happiness, and natural beauty, inside and out. We want to celebrate beauty that’s healthy and fun. You can check us out at Feelgoodstyle.com, follow us on Twitter or find us on Facebook!
Rather than grabbing a bottle of mystery ingredients, you can pamper your skin naturally inside and out.
Conventional skin care products are loaded with harmful chemicals. Toxins like carcinogens and endocrine disruptors hardly seem like the route to truly healthy skin, and unfortunately not all certifications are as trustworthy as they seem. Luckily, you don’t need these products that have healthy, beautiful skin. Instead, treat yourself to a beauty routine that focuses on good habits and truly natural products.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water is one of the simplest ways to keep your skin looking great. We hear the old “eight glasses a day” rule, but that’s not always true for everyone.
- Manage your stress. Stress can be a major factor in causing skin breakouts, and finding proactive ways to handle stressful situations can go a long way in helping you maintain healthy skin.
- Choose a safe sunscreen. Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays with a sunscreen that’s as safe for your skin as it is protective.
- Make a face mask. If despite your best efforts, your skin refuses to cooperate, you can whip up a DIY face mask to give it some TLC.
- Exfoliate. Occasionally exfoliating your skin can help restore a healthy glow, and you don’t need store bought products to do it! In fact, everything you need to exfoliate your skin is probably right in your kitchen pantry.
- Smile. True beauty isn’t about flawless skin, and smiling can help relieve stress, improve health, and boost your happiness.
- Choose natural cleansers. When you’re shopping for soaps and cleansers, take some time to read the back of the bottle and avoid toxic ingredients.
- Moisturize. When skin gets dry, it can over-produce oil to compensate. You can help balance your skin’s moisture with organic oils or an organic moisturizer.
- Pamper yourself. If you’re feeling stressed, your skin is going to show it. Treat yourself and your skin to a home made spa day.
- Don’t be afraid to get dirty. Our bodies do a pretty great job of taking care of themselves, so let them! It’s OK to skip a shower, and you can even forego the soap when you do bathe.
True beauty starts within, and if you focus on reducing stress, treating yourself right, and choosing healthy products, you can pull together a feelgood beauty routine that’s perfect for you. Your skin will thank you!
[Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by Perfecto Insecto]