As Thanksgiving nears, my heart goes out to all those on this planet in need of nourishment. Here is a collection of some heart based organizations that hope to help Africa with food gifts and more from Mother Earth this Thanksgiving:
- Vitamin Angels tells us that one in three children worldwide is undernourished. Vitamin Angels (shown above) reduces child mortality by connecting infants and children under five with vital nutrients.
- Food 4 Africa explains that three quarters of South Africa, has inadequate access to food and they want to help change this issue.
- Breadline Africa seeks to connect people who are struggling to achieve the most basic living conditions with others who are more fortunate and in a position to make a difference.
- World Vision reminds us that “every seven seconds, a child dies at the hand of a silent killer. Hunger. Right now, millions of children in Africa are at risk of starvation.”
- Just like my child is an organization with a mission to transform humanity, and they inspire us “by empowering women and children to reach their full potential through improved Health Care, Education and Microenterprise.” and they “use an approach of deep development, which means empowering communities, village by village, to move towards self-reliance by creating their own long-term solutions in rural Uganda.”
There are so many wonderful heart based organizations on this planet that are helping nourish humanity, and all we need to do is look and give. Please share more loving organizations helping those in need this season. Blessings this Thanksgiving and entire Fall.