ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Here is this week’s “greencast” or screencast of great green news from around the internet (that we didn’t already cover). Enjoy the video above via YouTube or in high definition on screenr.
By the way, if you happen to notice the sound of pedestrians, cyclists or streetcars in the background, it is because I am sitting on a beautiful little multi-modal street here in the city of Wroclaw, Poland. Perhaps I should write a story on this street someday.
Here are the articles mentioned in this week’s greencast:
1: Energy Efficiency: Twice the Impact of Renewables, Nuclear and Clean Coal. Combined.
2. Climate Denial Crock of the Week – Climate Change and National Security
3. Russia to create new national parks and reserves nearly size of Switzerland
4. Irreversible Changes in Oceans Leading to Global Mass Extinction
5. Three of our favorite politicians on two wheels
6. Research Roundup — health impacts, Road Diets, & Smart Growth (I’m sorry, but I made a small mistake when I mentioned this post in the greencast. This story does not discuss the economic benefits of bicycling at all, only the health benefits and how they compare to the risks.)
7. Climate sceptic Morano’s ‘courage’ award is a vicious irony
8. Ice sculpture illustrates climate change
9. Bike parking takes over car parking spaces
10. If you like to have an even 10, here is one more article I didn’t mention in the greencast. It is an article on GOOD.IS about how New York’s smart grid has kept the city’s lights on despite the big heat wave the city experienced earlier this month.