Unfortunately, the BP oil spill in the Gulf isn’t helping everybody to learn from their mistakes (or the mistakes of those who they support). Tony Hayward, Sarah Palin (who increasingly reminds me of Paris Hilton), Rush Limbaugh and Representative Don Young have a host of ridiculously sad statements so far.
Don’t know if I should laugh or cry at these comments.
10. Republican Representative Don Young (AK): “This is not an environmental disaster, and I will say that again and again because it is a natural phenomena. Oil has seeped into this ocean for centuries.”
Care2 asks us all to speak up and send a letter to Rep. Young telling him to stop defending Big Oil.
9. Sarah Palin: “Radical environmentalists: you are damaging the planet with your efforts to lock up safer drilling areas. There’s nothing clean and green about your misguided, nonsensical radicalism, and Americans are on to you as we question your true motives.”
8. Sarah Palin again: “Extreme Greenies:see now why we push’drill,baby,drill’of known reserves&promising finds in safe onshore places like ANWR? Now do you get it?” [sic]
7. Rush Limbaugh: “This spill is nothing more than an opportunity for the left to continue to attack this country and to attack the people that make this country work.”
6. Rush Limbaugh again: “When do we ask the Sierra Club to pay for this leak?”
Image Credit: Douglas Coulter via flickr/CC license