It’s been just about a month since we kind of wobbily relaunched Planetsave. For those of you just joining us, let me give you the quick history of this fine website.My friend Jan started it in 1999 as a free email and green news site. He ran it successfully ever since, except for a brief stint in which he sold it and then bought it back for less. I met Jan after I moved to Portland, Maine at the beginning of the year and wanted to hire him on at Green Options. We ended up buying Planetsave as part of the deal and made him a partner and Director of Sales and Business Development. We chose a strong new logo and look (gotta love the fist) and have plans for rolling out more cool green services once we get our launch jitters settled down.
I’ve been blogging all by my lonesome since then and it’s time I got some new writers on board. So, wanna write for us?
Here’s my ideal candidate:
– Experienced blogger: you know how to link, you’ve probably used WordPress before, you can find and insert photos into posts, and you know what a Trackback is.
– Has a sharp eye for news, people, and development in the world of green. You read a lot of news and blogs, probably have a closet RSS addiction, and you can quickly scan headlines to find the most important items of the moment.
– Wants to save the world and is crazy enough to think that they can do it.
– Not afraid to call out standards, authority figures, and commonly held beliefs. You can say it short, sweet, and to the point.
– Rock solid dependable. You hit deadlines every single time barring family emergencies and robot attacks.
– A sense of humor.
We pay up to $20/post (the figure in the title is a typo, stupid intern), more for longer form and interviews. I’m looking to get 3-5 regular writers on board posting 3-5 times per week each.
To apply, please send the following to me at email@example.com
– Your name, email address, home town, short bio, and brief writing history.
– Your blog/s that you write/have written on, direct links to your author’s index or individual posts is appreciated if it’s a big group blog.
– One paragraph on why you want to write for Planetsave.
– One sample post. What would your sixth post on Planetsave be if you made the cut? Give me the headline, body text, and link to the photo that you’d choose.
I’ll kick out $10 via PayPal to the first 10 writers who apply as an incentive and for a little compensation for the time spent on the sample post.
A good pirate joke also goes a long way with me. Arrr….