23–50% of Electric Car Drivers Plan to Get Tesla Model 3 Next [Press Release]
San Francisco, CA: CleanTechnica, the world’s leading cleantech news and analysis website, announced the release of its second EV report on May 3, 2017. Electric Car Drivers: Desires, Demands & Who They Are is a unique, in-depth report about electric car driver demands, desires, user experiences, and demographics. The 93-page report includes new insights about the electric vehicle (EV) market that have not been uncovered before, including new findings regarding different types of EV drivers.
The research was conducted using six CleanTechnica surveys and includes responses from more than 2,000 EV drivers. These EV drivers were spread across 49 of 50 US states, 9 Canadian provinces, and 26 European countries. No comparable report of this breadth and depth has been published before.
The survey data separated driver responses by 3 types of electric vehicles (Teslas, non-Tesla pure EVs, and plug-in hybrids) as well as by region (North America vs Europe). Select charts can be found in articles published here: https://cleantechnica.com/tag/2017-cleantechnica-electric-car-report/
Highlights from the new EV Report include:
- A large portion (33–45%) of reader respondents chose electric vehicles primarily for environmental reasons.
- Tesla Model 3 was revealed to be the electric car that most respondents (23–50%) expected to purchase next. Other top choices included the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Bolt, Chevy Volt, BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, and Tesla Model Y.
- Respondents expressed a strong desire for electric vehicles across several car classes, especially the intermediate and SUV/CUV classes
- The vast majority of respondents expect their next EV model to have approximately 200 or more miles of range, with Tesla drivers expecting much more range from their next EV than other EV drivers.
- While most EV drivers were satisfied with current charging infrastructure, the report highlighted a clear potential to improve the public charging network, specifically with regards to vehicles and chargers capable of superfast charging (approximately 150 kW and up).
“Current electric car drivers have shown a strong demand for superfast charging, autonomous driving features, over-the-air software updates, and long range in their next EVs. As such, it is unsurprising that the only affordable electric car to deliver on all those fronts in the near future — the Tesla Model 3 — was far and away the top choice for respondents’ next electric car,” CleanTechnica director and report author Zachary Shahan noted. “Furthermore, though, respondents highlighted a strong desire for electric cars in more classes, particularly the über popular SUV, CUV, and intermediate classes. We could see a great deal more electric car sales if automakers simply offered electric cars in these classes — and across the world, not only in California and China.”
CleanTechnica writers will be sharing sections of the report and additional insights throughout the coming months on CleanTechnica.com and in Cleantech Revolution Tour conferences.
The full report is available for $500 at http://goo.gl/W76mEP
The first 60 pages are available for free here: http://goo.gl/ieEvU3
About Important Media: Important Media.org is a premier new media group that owns 15 different sustainability news sites, including CleanTechnica, the world’s leading cleantech news site. For inquires, please contact Andrea at email@example.com