The folks over at HouseTrip, which is a holiday rental site, have taken their expertise and created an infographic showing the top greenest cities in the world. These eco-friendly cites were judged on everything from tree planting to water usage.
Six cities where selected, including; London, New York, Vancouver, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, and Stockholm.
Among the notable statistics compiled:
- Amsterdam has more bikes than people (1 bike for every 0.73 people).
- Copenhagen has passed a law requiring that all new buildings have green roofs — a measure that is expected to add 5,000 square meters of vegetation in the city.
- Only 44 percent of New Yorkers own a car, compared to 95 percent of the total U.S. population.
More top green cities highlights:
- Vancover for energy efficiency — 90% (using renewable energy sources).
- Stockholm for alternative transportation — 93%.
- Amersterdam for water use — only 32.2 gallons per person per day.
See the full info graphic below: