Been feeling like we need to get a little more “save” going in our posts to live up to our “Planetsave” theme. With solar power being one of the very top solutions to numerous environmental and climate crises, and with sister site CleanTechnica being a top site for solar energy news, been thinking of starting “Solar Energy News Roundups” once a week here on Planetsave to feature those stories. Here’s the first — check out some of these awesome solar energy stories from the past week or so:
- Solar Power Rises from City Dump
- Community Solar FTW!
- Can the US Reach 23 GW Installed Utility-Scale PV Solar?
- The Beautiful Thing about Offshore Wind & Solar Combined
- New Solar Tracking & Energy Storage Solution
- Lower Subsidies = Larger Solar Power Plants in UK?
- BrightSource Probable Winner of 500-MW Solar Trust Project
- Low-Income Housing Receives Free Solar Panels Under Innovative Scheme
- San Francisco and LA County Launch PACE
- Turmoil in Australia: Queensland Government Announces Drastic Cuts to Solar Bonus Feed-in Tariff Scheme
- Who Has the Most Cost-Effective Solar CLEAN (Feed-in Tariff) Program?
- 80% Surge in California Third Party Home Solar Market
- Tigo Wins $3.5-Million DOE SunShot Award (+ Solar Energy News Roundup)
- Solar-Powered Biodiesel Station Opens in Atlanta
- Japan vs Gertalia — A Solar Country Comparison
- Rio+20: More than 50 Countries, $50 Billion in Pledges for UN’s “Sustainable Energy for All”
- Germany Moving Away from Solar Parks to Rooftop Schemes
- IKEA to Use Rooftop Solar Power Plants in China
- IKEA US Solar Plans Near 89% with Two More Installations Proposed
- My First Solar Panel
- New Mathematical Approach Could Simulate Materials for Solar Cells and LEDs
- All-Carbon Solar Cell Harnesses Infrared Light
- Japanese Solar Boom? Toshiba Announces 100-MW Solar PV Plant Near Fukushima
- One Step Closer to Invisible Solar Cells in Our Windows
- Solar Tech Improvements; Solar Project News; Solar Manufacturing News… (Solar Energy News Roundup)
- Japan Creates Potential $9.6 Billion Solar Boom with FITs
- Overseas Private Investment Corp. Approves $360MM in Clean Energy Investments
- Stion Sets New Solar Efficiency Record of 14.8% for Commercially Available Monolithic CIGS Modules
- Commercial Solar Now Cost-Competitive in US
- Wildly Underestimating Wind & Solar; Aruba Going for 100% Green Energy; Greenpeace Tackles Dirty Finance… (Other Cleantech & Energy News Roundup)
- More Solar Power in TX Could Save Consumers Over $520 Million, New Study Finds
- 5 Solar Myths Busted (Infographic)
- California Grid Hit Record Solar Peak
- Summer Solstice Solar Survey: Consumers Around the World Think Their Country Has the Most Solar Power Installed
- Solar Mosaic Receives $2 Million for Solar Financing Platform
Man, we really do write a ton of stories on solar power every week! I think I’ll segment these stories into subcategories next time!
Image Credit: community solar image via Shutterstock
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.