Published on April 20th, 2012 | by SnagFilms0
SnagFilms Offers Earth Day Collection
April 20th, 2012 by SnagFilms
To honor this year’s Earth Day, SnagFilms has brought to you a collection of excellent films that speak towards our need to protect our planet. Check them out right here or at SnagFilms.com, share them with others, and spread their important message on Earth Day 2012! (Films embedded below the list.)
1. I Love Trash– After renting an unfurnished apartment, two friends decide to support themselves using only things found in the garbage. Their furniture, food, clothes, and art may surprise you.
2. Greasy Rider– Picture a cross-country road trip powered by vegetable oil in a 1981 Mercedes-Benz. With commentary by Morgan Freeman and Noam Chomsky, Greasy Rider follows the two filmmakers, Joey Carey and JJ Beck, as they meet with fellow Greasecar drivers, friends, and critics.
3. Trashed– Everyday, each American throws away an average of 4.5 pounds of garbage. But where exactly is “away”? Trashed, a 20-minute documentary, dives headlong into the world of garbage and surfaces in some unlikely places.
4. Fuel– Explore America’s dependence on foreign oil through the eyes of eco-evangelist Josh Ticknell. Ticknell, a huge proponent of biodiesel and alternative energy sources, explains his experience in environmental protection and activism.
5. On Coal River– Coal River Valley, West Virginia is a community surrounded by lush mountains and a looming toxic threat. Filmed over a period of five years, ON COAL RIVER follows a former miner and his neighbors in a David-and-Goliath struggle for the future of their valley, their children, and life as they know it.
Keep up to date with all the most interesting green news on the planet by subscribing to our (free) Planetsave newsletter.