Rick Santorum's Hypocrisy in Criticizing Rick Perry
Sure, saying that Rick Perry “ignores reality” is true. Heck, they guy is the governor of a state that just had its (and any US state’s) hottest summer ever, record-smashing drought, and tremendous fires, and yet he ignores the conclusive scientific proclamation that we are causing catastrophic climate change and need to get off of fossil fuels to stop it. I mean, can you ignore reality any more?!
However, Santorum seems just about as crazy and ignores the clear climate science we should all be acting on NOW as well. He said “There is no such thing as global warming” on the Glenn Beck show this June! Looney.
He also called global warming a “beautifully concocted plan.” Yes, decades or more of climate science research coming to conclusions supported by nearly every (if not every) major, overarching scientific body in the world was a huge plan to keep conservative wackos out of political office, exactly.
If you want to face reality, or need more information, here are a few more posts you can check out:
Global Warming Facts
- 119 One-Liners to Respond to Climate Science Myths
- Humans Cause Global Warming: 10 Indicators
- Global Warming Causes & Effects: Top 10 List
Some of the massive support for climate scientists and climate science:
- 255 Leading Scientists, 11 Nobel Laureates Write Letter Supporting Climate Scientists & Climate Science
- 17 Nobel Laureates Call for “fundamental transformation and innovation in all spheres and at all scales in order to stop and reverse global environmental change”
- The ‘Climate Change Debate’ Is Science Versus Snake Oil
- National Academy of Sciences slams climate disinformation campaign, flawed media coverage
- Yes, Climategate was Science Denier B.S.
- The Real Climategate Crime
- Climategate: One More Investigation, Still No Basis for Accusations of Misconduct
Seriously, if you think global warming isn’t happening and isn’t caused by humans, like Rick Santorum and Perry seem to think, you have clearly lost touch with reality. You may as well be in the crew that still thinks smoking isn’t harmful.
Why do I have the feeling the Republican primaries are going to get quite wacky?
(Of course, there is one Republican presidential candidate, Jon Huntsman, who thinks it’s outright insane to not trust the scientists, but he doesn’t seem crazy enough to get the support of the majority of his party or the attention of the media.)
Keep up to date with all the most interesting green news on the planet by subscribing to our (free) Planetsave newsletter.