September 14th, 2011 by Zachary Shahan
I was in the UK for 4 days to visit a friend and then to be interviewed by CNBC for it and Harvard Business Review’s Energy Opportunities series. So, fell a little behind on daily activism news. But here’s a roundup after catching up. A ton of great activism (using the term a little generously today) stories — check them out! (And, don’t forget, we’ve got live streaming of the 24 Hours of Reality event.)
Climate Change Activism
- Al Gore wants your Twitter account for climate push
- Just 24 Hours Until “24 Hours of Reality”!
- Obama Campaign Manager Greeted By Tar Sands Protesters At Harvard
Climate Science Activism
- 10 ways to melt the heart and brain of a climate change denier
- Diamond Planets, Climate Change and the Scientific Method
- Susan Hassol, Director of Climate Communication: The Science Has Never Been More Compelling, the Public Never So Misled
- Climate Scientists Defense Fund – Please Help
- SkepticalScience’s John Cook Wins Eureka Award For Advancement Of Climate Change Knowledge
Clean Transportation Activism
- Fight back against bike funding attack — action alert
- Climate Ride
- Copenhagenize Challenges…
- Mexico City cyclists rally to reclaim the streets
- Indonesia is off!
- Moving People for Moving Planet
In General or Other Green Activism Stories
- Greenpeace, WWF and Friends of the Earth across the decades – interactive
- 108,000 Trees Planted at Buddha’s Birthplace in Nepal
- 36 Hours to Stop Ocean Clear-cutting
Keep up to date with all the most interesting green news on the planet by subscribing to our (free) Planetsave newsletter.