Help Matt Damon & Others Bring Water to More People.. for Life
This post is Planetsave’s contribution to Important Media’s celebration of World Water Week.
Can you imagine a day without clean drinking water? Can you imagine a few days without water? Can you imagine a lifetime without clean water?
Not fun things to imagine, but over a billion people around the world face such issues… every day.
• 77 million people in Bangladesh have arsenic in their drinking water
• 80% of the world’s people face water insecurity
• 1 out of 6 people around the world currently don’t have access to clean water
• If you haven’t done the calculations yet, more people die from lack of clean water than from war.. a lot more
This video does a pretty decent job of trying to show us how lucky we are, and how unlucky many people around the world are:
World Water Week and Your Chance to DO Something!
Now, there are a lot of ways you can do your part to try to address this issue. You can conserve water in numerous ways and you can support some of the many great organizations out there working to provide clean water to more people, for example.
One such organization we’ve featured in the past is Water.org, founded by Matt Damon and Gary White. Check out Matt and Gary in the video below for more information on the organization:
Visit Water.org today to help bring clean water to more people. It doesn’t take much to provide people with clean water for life!
Other World Water Week Posts from Important Media Sites
- 10 Water-Saving or Water-Cleaning Technologies.. & Your Chance to Do Something! — CleanTechnica
- The Waterless Toilet: 5 Options for Greater Sanitation with Little or No Water — sustainablog
- World Without Fish: A Book Review – Eat Drink Better
- Water: The Importance of Hydration – Eat Drink Better
- How to Make a Difference During World Water Week – Green Living Ideas
- World Water Week: 10 DIY Conservation Tips – Insteading
- This World Water Week Help Charity: Water Bring Clean Water To Africa – Ecopreneurist
- World Water Week: Let’s Drink to Beauty – Feelgood Style
Image via Oxfam International