350.org is continuing on its campaign to expose the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s dirty, U.S.-unfriendly practices with a new campaign, website and all: The U.S. Chamber of Secrets. Yes, that would be a spoof on Harry Potter. And, yes, 350.org is comparing the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to Lord Voldemort.
When you visit the website, the first secret you see (which, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce really does want to keep a secret, I imagine) could be: “The U.S. Chamber lobbies for tax cuts for millionaire executives.” (This is the first secret I saw.)
You then have the option to view another secret by clicking “Show me another secret.” And you can go on and on viewing secret after secret, all of which are, unfortunately, true. The bottom line, the summary, the cold truth is:
“Hogwarts isn’t the only place with a dark secret. Deep inside Washington D.C., the U.S. chamber of commerce is poisoning politics with hundreds of millions of dollars in dirty money.”
Kudos to 350.org on the creative campaign. Hopefully, it will get a ton of views and will hope open people’s eyes to the extremely harmful efforts of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the fact that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce doesn’t speak for common, working class Americans. While the Chamber may take millions of dollars from small- and medium-sized businesses, it campaigns for a select few, the biggest of the big, the richest of the rich, and brings trouble and suffering to the rest of the U.S. in the process.
Check out The U.S. Chamber of Secrets for more on all this.
Or read more about the U.S. Chamber of Commerce here on Planetsave:
- Penis Deforming Chemicals? Chemicals that Cause Birth Defects? No Problem, US Chamber of Commerce Says
- Oil Companies & U.S. Chamber of Commerce — One & the Same?
- “U.S. Chamber of Commerce Doesn’t Speak for Me” Campaign Growing Fast
- Why Nike, Apple, Best Buy, Johnson & Johnson, & Others Don’t Jive with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Money Pollution: How the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Tries to Screw the U.S.