Think it’s hot? Well, it is! Cities all across the U.S. have shattered heat records this week. (Don’t forget, though, you shouldn’t try to connect them to climate change or global warming!)
Of course, its worth knowing, the hottest summers these days will be comparable to the coolest summers in 2050 if we don’t do something about climate change FAST.
More on this week’s heat wave from Think Progress Green:
“The fossil-fueled heat wave blazing across the United States east of the Rockies has killed at least eight people, knocked out power from Detroit to Connecticut, and set 1,859 high-temperature and 993 high-minimum-temperature records this week.”
Yes, it’s that time of year when, all of a sudden, people start to realize that the world is getting hotter. Just don’t start thinking too much!
Related Stories on Planetsave:
- Climate Scientist (Another One) Speaks Up about Harassment & Threats (New Book: Global Warming and Political Intimidation)
- Stanford Climate Scientists Forecast Hotter Years Ahead
- Big Oil Compared to Mass Murder by Professor Juan Cole
- Prominent Former Global Warming Skeptic & Conservative Tackles GOP’s “rejection of proven science”
- Climate Extremes Expected to Continue in Warmer World
Top Image via AZRainman
I'm the director of CleanTechnica, the most popular clean energy website in the world, and Planetsave, a leading green and science news site. I've been covering green news of various sorts since 2008, and I've been especially focused on solar energy, electric vehicles, bicycling, and wind energy for the past few years. You can also find my work on Scientific American, Reuters, Think Progress, GE's ecomagination site, several sites in the Important Media network, & many other places. To connect on some of your favorite social networks, go to zacharyshahan.com or click on some of the links below.