Jessica Alba Supports Improved Toxic Substances Control Act
Jessica Alba is apparently a really green gal from what I’ve read. And she showed that last week in D.C. when she “joined leading public health experts on Capitol Hill… to ask key Members of Congress to co-sponsor the Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 (S. 847), recently introduced by Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ).” She was there in her role as a spokesperson for the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families Coalition.
The American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Nurses Association, the American Public Health Association, and the American Medical Association have all asked for federal reform on this important topic.
This proposed bill is highly needed and would do a ton to protect people from numerous toxic chemicals. “Due to out-of-date federal law, the Toxic Substances Control Act, consumers are often left in the dark on whether or not chemicals used in every day products are safe,” Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families writes.
“Like many other moms out there, I try to buy safe products for my family, but that can’t be the only solution. You can’t hire a team of scientists to do your shopping for you. At some point the government has to step in and ensure that chemicals are safe before our children are exposed to them. That’s why I’m delighted to join with Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families to call on Congress to pass the Safe Chemicals Act,” Jessica Alba strongly said.
Of course, doctors, nurses, scientists, and citizens (and movie actresses and models) across the nation are concerned about a number of chemicals that have been linked to childhood cancer, infertility, learning and developmental disabilities and much more but are still being put into our products and daily lives. Think it’s time for Congress to take action yet?
- Gov Study Confirms Toxic Chemicals Pumped into Wells During ‘Fracking’
- Toxic Rain & Biggest Environmental Disaster in Human History from BP Oil Spill & Toxic Oil Dispersants?
- BPA-Free Plastic Alternatives for Your Baby and Reducing Plastic Consumption
- Popular US Farm Chemical = Death to Frogs
- Canada Says Chemicals Used In Cosmetics Could Cause Cancer
- Gender-Bending Chemicals in Minnesota Waters
- Chemicals and Obesity Speeding up Puberty in Girls (cartoon)
Photo via jae michie