Published on November 23rd, 2010 | by Zachary Shahan0
Cycling Superheroes Bike Ride
November 23rd, 2010 by Zachary Shahan
Going on a long-distance bike ride and performing helpful services for the communities you visit on the way might be.
Rory Woods of sustainablog recently reported on a crew of “cycling superheroes” who have been doing this annually or biannually since 2000 and are getting ready for a ride in early December. Here’s more info on both the cycling superhero rides, in general, and the upcoming one, in particular.
Major aspects of the rides include:
- Providing service wherever they feel called
- Working cooperatively and using consensus decision making
- Daily mindfulness practice
- Having fun!
Here is what we know about the ride so far:
- It will start in early December, lasting to January (there is no requirement to participate the entire month)
- The likely starting point is Brownsville, Texas, where there will a two day Superhero Training
- No bike touring experience necessary. All riders are welcome – bring your thirst for adventure!
Call Superheroes HQ for More Info
If you would like to learn more about the ride, please call Superheroes Headquarters at 660-332-four zero nine four.
Look likes a great, fun thing to do if you can join in. More info is available on the cycling superoes facebook page.
Like or love cool cycling stories? Check out the Biking Revolution News page on facebook for more.
Keep up to date with all the most interesting green news on the planet by subscribing to our (free) Planetsave newsletter.