Ecover, a leading company selling eco-friendly home cleaning products (and one of my favorites), is now 30 years old. In celebration of its 30th birthday, it is hosting a Thirty Under 30 contest.
If you think you are living a super-environmentally-friendly life (and are between 18 & 29), you can enter the contest by filling out the entry form on the contest webpage or on its Facebook page and have the chance to win a couple of big prizes.
Thirty people under 30 years of age living the green life will be chosen from the judges and will then have a chance to win eco-friendly furniture from Environment, a year’s worth of cleaning products from Ecover, or at least a little recognition at a big event announcing the winners in New York.
The contest opened on September 1st and closes on the 30th. The judges, one of whom is good friend Jeff McIntire-Strasburg of Sustainablog, will be deciding on the top thirty in October. After that, voting on the top two greenies (of those top thirty chosen by the judges) will be opened to the public as well.
Writing about this contest on Sustainablog last week, Jeff gave potential contestants a few tips by mentioning what the judges would be considering:
- Measurable environmental impact of entrant’s efforts
- Creativity/innovation in achieving sustainability practices
- Demonstration of passion and dedication to sustainability
- Awareness creation or other community involvement in the practice or cause
- Personal involvement in the activity/cause (looking for someone who is not just a participant, but a demonstrated leader)
- Long-term vision for sustainability as part of their life (are they dedicated to environmentalism/sustainability long-term or is it just adjunct to something else they’re doing with their lives?)
One more time, if you think you are a true sustainability leader, join the contest!
Image via sustainablog.